Sunday, January 23, 2011

A kink in the plan...


Henry Wy-wy loves his binky. He LOVES his blanky. He loves going to bed because this is the only place he can enjoy his binky and blanky. He goes to bed wonderfully... until 2 nights ago, when he learned FINALLY to climb out of his crib. He is 28 months old. I think Addie was doing it a 7 months. SO, Thursday night, I went to bed early. Around 10. Jer was out exercising, and all the kids were in bed. I fell asleep immediately, only to be awakened by Addie with Henry in tow. She said, "mom did you know Henry was in my room playing with our store?" Befuddled, I put him back to bed and apologized to Addie for him waking her up. This happened (with Addie) 2 more times that night. I was so tired, i'd fall asleep, and he sneak downstairs. I finally stayed awake and sat by my bedroom door to listen. Moments after I put wyatt down, he would start giggling. He has such an adorable little giggle, and does it whenever he is happy. I would hear his little feet hit the ground and he would run for the door. Then I would hear the door open, and shut again, and giggles and cute feet padding down the hallway. Until I scared him by sneaking up on him, grabbing him, and taking him back to bed. We didn't get much sleep that night.

The next night I figured that it was time to take the side of his crib off, so he didn't injure himself getting out. I laid pillows on the floor, and sent him to bed. Of course he immediately got out of bed. However, I was waiting by his bedroom door. I sent him straight back to bed. Then I locked his door. Moments later, when he discovered the door was locked, he set into a full tantrum. He is not a quiet screamer. He screamed for quite sometime before I unlocked the door and told him if he got out of bed again, he'd get the door locked again. He did not get out of bed again.

Last night we had a babysitter. When I got home she handed me the key to Henry's room and told me she had quite a night trying to get him to bed. Hopefully she'll come back again to babysit after that experience.


So, whenever life seems so be going normal, I always find a KINK in my plans of a smooth easy life. Hopefully this little boy will learn quickly.

1 comment:

o charm said...

oh heaven knows those days are not the fun ones. . .
this is what awaits me in just a few months!
good luck friend!!!