Sunday, November 19, 2006

Another Goal Accomplished!


The "U" biking to Mimi/Papas

hiking to Ensign Peak
At the beginning of each year we sit down with the kids and write goals. Its been fun and random. We hung those lists up in various places throughout the house and we read them often. So, we've been trying to cross everything off each girl's list. Recently, Addie rode her bike to Mimi and Papa's (about 4 miles) with Jeremy and Olivia (on back of Jer's bike). Oly rode her bike to Grandma's house, we've hiked to the U, and yesterday morning we enjoyed a balmy fall hike to Ensign Peak in Salt Lake. They have been fun activities, and very attainable goals, but its been neat to watch the girls cross thier goals off and feel like they are accomplishing great things. Also, something finally clicked with Naomi, and she is finally starting to talk up a storm. I think she said 30 new words this weekend, including: Pooh bear, ball, thankyou, Naomi, ear, nose, happy, hippo, dog... just to name a few!

2 comments:

leslie said...

Amy, your hair has gotten so long! Love the braids.
I'm so impressed with your ability to carry out a goal!!! I need to jump on that bandwagon with my kids.... thanks for the inspiration and good ideas! I registered for the moab race... joe decided he wants to do it too, so we'll see??

Snow Crew said...

Oohhh your family is so cute. I love seeing them on here!