Sunday, November 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Weekend...






This weekend we got to spend a little bit of time together. Jer worked from home wednesday. Thanksgiving, Thursday, was at my Aunt Sue's church (the Slagle family is way too big to fit into anyone's home these days). Then dessert at Jer's Aunt Jan's (she is the most wonderful cook). Then games @ Bosey's. Friday we did one of my favorite family traditions... We drove to Evanston, purchased a permit for cutting a Christmas tree, and then drove into the Uintahs. We found a quiet spot to pull over, all got decked out in our snow clothes, loaded Naomi into the sled and went to find our family Christmas tree. We had with us Nancy and Larry, Grandmommy and Grandaddy, the Gannuscios, and my parents, Jerald and Sherrie. Each family went off on thier own in search of the perfect tree. I was more distracted with keeping Naomi face up in the snow. I heard grandmommy screaming in the distance. She had fallen over and no one was there to help her up! I ran to her rescue. How many 85 year olds do you know that are that great of sports to come along on all sorts of crazy adventures? I'm glad to have them. Anyways, she just needed help walking in the snow. Can you blame her? So, we all found great trees- the sparse, Charlie Brown type that has more trunk than boughs, but comes with pine cones, and a homey Christmas feeling and a memory- instead of a mowed, pencil-sharpened bush from a tree lot. My favorite part of the day was doing snow angels with Jer's Grandmommy, and eating lunch in the car with my parents. We drove home, went to a dumb holiday movie- I chased Naomi through the theatre and Jer stayed home to study. Jer hunted pheasant yesterday in Cache valley, and brought home 4 birds that are floating in salt water in the fridge for dinner tomorrow. Tonight Jer and I enjoyed Handel's Messiah (another favorite Christmas tradition) with Nancy, Larry, Ben, and Granddaddy and Grandmommy @ symphony hall.

2 comments:

Jett Powered Foundation said...

Cache Valley huh... I'm pretty sure that I live there, and want to go pheasant hunting... What a PUNK!

J/k

Snow Crew said...

Amy I love that pic with you and one of the girls (I can't tell who)! Two beautiful snow queens!