Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Soccer Coach

If you ever decided to sign up to be the soccer coach, weigh all responsibilities carefully. I signed up to be Naomi's coach this year. I don't know what planet I was on, but I figured- what the heck? 2 hours/week with a bunch of cute kiddos 5 years old. Which is true. They are fabulous kids and I love coaching them... BUT I didnt' consider what I would do with Henry while I did practice and games. I FORGOT that Jeremy loves to hunt all fall and wouldn't be at most of the games. I DIDN'T remember that Olivia needs help practicing piano, and Addie violin, and the kids all need help with thier homework. I forgot that I would have to be on time for EVERYTHING!!! So, when this saturday, 10 minutes before our game, with all of the kids loaded in the car, Jer gone elk hunting.... I LOST MY KEYS. We were stuck. I was frantic. 1 whole team... no wait 2 teams all waiting for me to start the game! I panicked! I did find the keys and we arrived 10 minutes late. I had to hold Henry WYwy the whole time I ran up and down the field reffing becuase he was grumpy.
The kids are great. I love watching them improve and have shining moments. I guess that makes it worthwhile, but SHEESH! What was I thinking? I still have to survive the rest of fall season and spring before I can retire!

4 comments:

leslie said...

oooh amy, i feel your pain!! you are crazy....hehe ;) loved your write up about it though. so, the job i interviewed for (and got) is customer service agent for skywest airlines... i'm so excited! i'll work 12 hrs/week and get FREE FLIGHT BENEFITS!!!! i can't tell you how many trips i have planned in my head....wanna go to russia??

Adam and Liz Family said...

Hey coach! I think I will call you that from now on. Add that to your resume!! I am proud of you. Sounds like a challenge though. You are one tough lady.

Adam and Liz Family said...

Oh and by the way...Adam and I love the new paint job on your house. It is adorable!!

o charm said...

oh man amy thank you for the laugh out loud, just picturing you running up and down the field with your baby in your arms. . . (i'm laughing WITH you, right?)

you are so awesome, i have such honest admiration!!!