To follow up on our exciting adventure with the bat...
The day after this silly story aired on Channel 4 news, I had messages from several news and radio stations also wanting to do stories. My brother saw the headline on his MSNBC homepage in Denver. We googled the headline and found links to the story as far away as India. I guess people love the weird. I did not answer any phone calls for more stories. Drama is exhausting...
The health department called us Friday and told us that the bat was untestable. It was too decayed. BUT, just in case it wasn't that decayed when Henry found the bat, we were encouraged to get the rabies series of shots. Of course getting shots isn't fun, but he is fine, and the alternative is unthinkable. If he were to by some small chance get rabies, it is fatal. So, getting the shots is a no brainer.
So, I think we'll dress Henry up as bat boy for Halloween. He's earned this title!
2 comments:
SO funny/scary/gross!!! Sweet Henry, if you do turn into a bat- please fly this way to come visit us! love Aunt Dayna
I can't believe how much older Wywy looks! That picture is so dang cute!!!!
Post a Comment