Monday, June 16, 2008

Central America




Jer and I took a trip in April for 10 days without kids to Panama and Costa Rica. It was WONDERFUL! and much needed. We stayed with a classmate of Jer's in Panama. We flew in his private plane from the Pacific to the Atlantic ocean in about 30 minutes- with amazing views of the jungle and the Panama Canal. It's a beautiful country- quite modern and quickly growing, but also has a lot of rainforest uncut, and gorgeous beaches.
The Panama Canal by air
Jer with his buddy Mode

Then we flew on a little plane to a small town in the west of Costa Rica- Nosara. A tiny airstrip and dirt roads were all we could see from the air. We stayed in a house in the jungle, overlooking the ocean. We met Jer's brother and his wife Lauren there, and spent 3 days together, before they went home- and we had 3 days to ourselves. The boys surfed, we went deep-sea fishing one day and caught some huge yellow-fin tuna, and we went on a canopy tour. (the people leading the canopy tour weren't very happy about me going pregnant, but I won, and had a super time). Jer and I relaxed and explored and dreamt, and had such a wonderful, romantic, fun time together. I really love that boy, and I'm glad to not have to share him with school anymore!

Jer and Stu having some super fresh sushi getting ready to fly through the jungle a few hundred feet in the air at break-neck speeds

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am so happy to hear that you guys were able to do something fun together. I know how hard it is to do the school thing and keep up with that every so important relationship. Kudos to both of you!

Nikki Hansen said...

Man you guys get to do so many fun things!!! What a beautiful trip.