Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Thank Goodness for February!

January has been a rough month! Jer had 10 days at school in North Carolina. My Grandpa Boseman had chemotherapy and a stem cell transplant- and a resulting infection. He's out of the hospital and into a care center, and making progress getting better. I haven't been able to see him much because I always have someone sick at my house (including Naomi having the chicken pox vaccine and all, this month) and can't share these with grampa. Then Grandpa Slagle had 3 heart valves replaced and a bypass. He is recovering well for an 85 year old. And of course Sariah had her open heart surgery too. She is home from the hospital and healing well. She will have to have surgery again within six months to hopefully put a more permanent stent in to replace her missing pulmonary artery. I am amazed at how people can recover from things that major, but they all are. Thank God for technology and bodies that heal themselves.


I've been in Minnesota for a week with my mom and Peter's family. I had a WONDERFUL time getting to see my brother and sister in law, and spending days of quality time with my neices and nephew. I love being an aunt. HOpefully February will be a less eventful month!


AFTON
MOLLY
PRINCESS YA-YA
JOHN-JOHN
SARIAH

2 comments:

The Redhead said...

How fun to spend time with them. They are so cute. Sariah looks great! Did you go without kids? How nice. I hope that everything is going good and hang in there, if I remember right shouldn't Jeremy be close to finishing school? Yeah!

leslie said...

whoa - you've been busy!! so glad you are back and things have settled down a bit. must've been so nice getting out of SL for awhile and just enjoy family!!! i want to talk to you - i got your e-mail - i'll call you soon - probably monday!