Have you ever misplaced one of your portable telephones? We do. All of the time. We have 3, and frequently one of them gets shoved under a bed, or couch cushion, and runs out of batteries- and is found at a later time when we're cleaning its hiding place. No harm done- no reason to be concerned about a missing phone. Well, today we learned about a rather interresting adventure of our most recent missing telephone...
Jeremy happened to be home during the middle of the day- packing for a trip to Denver. I was at Addie's school teaching science and Jer was hanging out with the other girls at home, when he recieved an interresting telephone call (on his cell phone). A man called and asked Jeremy if he was missing a Uniden portable phone. Jeremy paused and recalled that I mentioned that one of the phones was missing. He told the caller, "yes". "Why do you have it?" He walked outside to see if the man was in the front yard calling him. No one there. I am not sure how the actual phone conversation went, but the man was a few miles away from our home, calling from a public phone. He had noticed the phone in the gutter of the 13th East on-ramp to the freeway for several days. (what in the heck is he doing on the on-ramp of the freeway? Begging?) He finally picked the phone up, thinking it was a cell phone, and pushed redial. Lo and behold, Jeremy's cell phone number appeared on the screen. He took the number and walked to a nearby public phone and called Jeremy. He arranged to drop it off at a lost and found at a public library. How in the heck did our phone get there? How did the battery power last for so long? He obviously couldn't call on that phone, but I am amazed that the redial worked from so far from our home. And the phone wasn't run over, or destroyed from sitting in the gutter of a freeway for several days??? Good thing my last call wasn't to the doctor's office, or the pizza guy. If phones could talk, I would sure like to hear that one's story. I can only imagine that I must have put the phone on the car after talking to Jer on his cell phone. Then drove off, and lost it a few miles later as I entered the freeway. Who knows? I never will... So, now we'll see if it appears in the library lost and found. And don't worry, i'll give that clever little phone a good bath before we welcome him home!
Dream Author Panel and Our Favorite Family Books
9 years ago
2 comments:
I've driven off with my phone on the roof of my car before, but sadly my phone didn't survive the ordeal. That's one tough phone!
This is my life story. I am always losing my phone and it's always on that last bar of battery. What a random story!!
Post a Comment