I have something important to report. Last week I was suddenly bit by a poisonous spider. At first I was worried that my skin might begin to decay, but on the contrary, I can now climb walls, and swing from building to building on nearly invisible web I spin! I am very excited about my new talents! Haha, I wish. But I was bitten by a spider last week. I was picking basil in my mom's garden 5 minutes before young womens started. There must have been a spider on one of the basil leaves, because all of the sudden there was a terrible pain on my thumb. I shook my thumb and jumped up and down. Unfortunately, I shook the spider off. But in examining my thumb I saw 2 bloody fang makrs about 1/2 inch apart. Immediately my thumb started to swell as the poison moved in my bloodstream. In 20 minutes my thumb and hand down to my wrist were huge and red. I took Benadryl my parents took care of my kids. To make a long story short, that happened on Wednesday, and by Friday the swelling and throbbing pain had moved to each of my fingers on my left hand, my whole palm and half way to my elbow. I finally relented and went to Instacare and got a wonderful antihistamine and itch cream to keep the swelling down. Now, i've just got a nice pair of fang marks in my hand! But I survived. After researching on the internet, I learned I was probably bit by a small jumping spider- mildly poisonous, but terribly painful. But there are several spiders whose bites are much less painful, but the effects of the poison are much worse. SO, if you're not mildly afraid of spiders, YOU SHOULD BE.
4 comments:
aim: i would much rather see a picture of your swollen hand than spiderwoman! i am so glad it wasn't worse! you poor girl.
i wanna see a pic of you all dressed up in that sexy spidy-girl suit!!!!!
That is so crazy. I am terrified of spiders. And for you to have to see the fangs...scary!
Spiders are scary. Travis was bit by one in China and almost died. He was in the hospital for over a week with a condition called cellulitis or something like that--which was caused by the spider bite. I'm glad you're alright.
Post a Comment