We've had a busy and fun month, and I haven't kept my blog as a priority, so now Im updating March.
Jeremy's brother Stuart married Lauren Creer on the 15th of March. We had numerous showers for Lauren. Lizzy and kids were in town from Mass. The events consisted of a Wedding dinner the night before (we siblings sang a very embarrassing song to Stuart, which he may never forgive us...), a wedding in the Salt Lake Temple, and a party that night at the Alta club. I was a bridesmaid, the girls- flower girls and Jer, a groomsmen. Thank goodness my parents came and rescued Naomi because by the time we were done taking pictures at the reception, she had had it for the night!
We also had a fun time with Lizzy's kids in town at the zoo, park and sleeping over!
As soon as the wedding was over, we headed to Moab for the Canyonlands Half Marathon. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect weekend! We convinced our good friends Joe and Leslie Tippetts to run the race with us, so they drove from Denver and met us there. Our neighbors (and of course friends) the Jorgensens also came with us. And Cody and Tenille (my bro and his wife) flew down and we picked them up at the airport. We arrived Friday night, had a ball running the race all together Saturday morning. We ran down the canyon following the Colorado river. The weather was perfect, and the run tough, but not too long. Jer and I decided we'de do everything we could to not let those Tippetts beat us! We ended up running through the finish line all together! We spent the rest of the day at the pool with the kids, eating pizza at a great restaurant outside, and playing on the red rock, watching the sunset. We spent sunday in Arches with the Jorgensens. We spent a good hour in the sand and shade under sand dune arch and didn't think life could get much better.






On the way home from Moab I came down with a strange fever. I spent the next 2 weeks basically in bed. Well actually I was home alone (jer had work and school away) dreaming of ways I could be in bed, but taking every over the counter drug possible to try and keep me going with 3 kids. I couldn't do a thing to get rid of the fever, and everything I took kept me from sleeping. so by the end of the two weeks sick and alone, I was in pretty loney, sad shape! I was also called to be the new young women's president while I was sick. Needless to say, I felt very, very overwhelmed at the timing.
Now I feel human again! I would love to say that I've kept running up, but I haven't run once since the race! Jer took me to the Marriot downtown Friday night for a night away. We had such a fabulous time being tourists in our own city. Saw a movie, went to breakfast, walked around shops and art galleries!
Thanks for babysitting Nancy and Larry.
We had a fun Easter today. I've started a tradition of having Easter brunch at our house after (or before) church with my family. The weather was perfect. Grandma and Grandpa Slagle and Mike came, cody and Tenille, Rori and Marley, Erin and Mitch, my parents... The girls got Razor scooters from the Easter bunny and spent the afternoon zipping up and down the sidewalk. We ate dinner at the Rigbys and spent the evening zipping up and down thier new cool driveway hill and into the garage. I wish the Easter bunny left me a razor!(more pics to follow- camera's out of batteries!)
I want to know... How do other people do it? How do you find time to keep a house, take care of kids, take them fun places, keep up on a blog or scrapbook or journal or all of them, read scriptures and pray, and do a church calling? Yesterday I remembered a birthday party Addie was invited to after it was over. We took a present and apologized for forgetting it. I have to admit this wasn't the first time either. How do YOU do it??? I want to know your secrets?
1 comment:
amy! i'm so sorry you caught such a bad bug after moab... that sucks rocks!!! the pics of taken during the race and posted on the net to buy are hilarious... totally cracked me up when i saw how many there were of jer compared to the rest of us! next time we'll have a "who can get the most pics taken contest!!!"
sounds like your easter was fab... hooray for razor scooters!!! and yay for a night away... good for your guys! i sure do wish we could go for a run... i miss you!
Post a Comment